Applications of Black Polyester Film
Black polyester film, also known as black PET film, is a type of thermoplastic polymer film made from polyethylene terephthalate (PET). This material is a member of the polyester family and is known for its excellent strength, durability, and chemical resistance. Horae black polyester film is typically available in thicknesses ranging from 0.005 mm to 0.2mm.
Manufacturing Process of Coating Black Polyester Film:
1. Substrate Treatment:
The polyester film substrate is treated with surface treatments, such as corona and anti-static treatments, to ensure that the coating can adhere firmly to the substrate surface.
2. Ink Mixing and Formulation
According to customer needs and application requirements, design the ink formulation, including color, gloss, and other characteristics, as well as corresponding additives, such as carbon black, matting powder, etc.
Use specialized coating equipment to evenly apply the coating to the substrate surface. The coating can be single or multiple layers. During the coating process, it is necessary to control the amount of coating and the coating speed to ensure the uniform thickness of the ink layer. During the coating process, care should be taken to prevent the occurrence of defects such as bubbles and wrinkles.
After coating, the polyester film needs to undergo an appropriate drying and curing process to ensure that the ink layer is completely dry and firmly bonded to the film.
5. Inspection and Adjustment
Inspect and adjust the coating, measure the thickness, gloss, and L*a*b* (CIELAB color space) of the coating using professional testing instruments and techniques, and adjust and improve as needed.
6. Slitting and Packaging
Cut and package the polyester film. This step requires the use of specialized cutting equipment to cut the film into the required width and length.
Applications of Black Polyester Film
In high-end camera shutters, polymer materials need to meet the following requirements:
- Good light-blocking properties: It needs to have a high degree of light-blocking to prevent light penetration and affect the camera’s imaging effect.
- Wear resistance: The shutter will experience a large number of opening and closing actions during use, so the polyester film needs to have good wear resistance to maintain a long service life.
- High and low-temperature resistance: Cameras may be used in various temperature environments, so the polyester film needs to have good high and low-temperature performance to ensure stable performance at different temperatures.
- Chemical corrosion resistance: The polyester film needs to have good chemical corrosion resistance to prevent damage in humid or polluted environments.
- Lightweight and high strength: The polyester film needs to have lightweight characteristics for use in limited internal camera space. At the same time, it also needs to have sufficient strength to withstand the stress during the opening and closing of the shutter.
- Stable dimensions: The polyester film needs to have stable dimensions during the manufacturing process to ensure precise coordination in the camera shutter.
Black polyester film has a wide range of applications in electronics products, such as heat dissipation graphite sheets, wireless charging ferrite, nanocrystalline, FPC, lithium battery, etc. Here are some requirements to consider when using it as an electronic product material:
- Conductivity: For applications that require conductivity, it can be added with conductive agents, such as carbon black or metal powder, to improve conductivity.
- Insulation: For applications that require insulation, it should have good insulating properties to prevent current leakage and short-circuit phenomena.
- Thermal stability: It should have good thermal stability to ensure size and performance stability in high-temperature environments.
- Chemical resistance: It should have good chemical resistance to prevent damage in environments that may come into contact with corrosive chemicals.
- Flame retardancy: For some electronic products, it may need to have flame-retardant properties to reduce the risk of fire.
- Anti-static properties: It should have anti-static properties to reduce the impact of electrostatic discharge on electronic products.
- Lightweight and flexibility: It should have lightweight and flexible characteristics for use in electronic products that require lightness and easy bending.
- Good adhesion:It should have good adhesion to ensure a close bond with other electronic product components.
- Environmental performance: It should comply with relevant RoHS and REACH environmental regulations and standards to reduce the impact on the environment.
Related Products: 6105B, 6406B
Black polyester film can be used in the packaging of various products, such as food, cosmetics, medical supplies, etc. It generally needs to meet the following requirements:
- Thickness and size: The thickness and size of black PET film should be chosen according to the actual needs of the product, to ensure adequate protection and durability.
- Light-blocking performance: Black PET film should have good light-blocking performance to prevent the product from being affected by light, especially for light-sensitive products such as food, drugs, and cosmetics.
- High barrier properties: Black PET film should have high barrier properties to ensure that the product inside the packaging is not affected by external gases, moisture, and contaminants.
- Wear resistance and tear resistance: Black PET film should have good wear resistance and tear resistance to ensure the durability of the packaging during transportation and use.
- Printability: Black PET film should have good printability so that the required labels, barcodes, and other information can be printed on the surface.
- Processability: Black PET film should have good processability for cutting, laminating, and sealing operations during the production process.
Black polyester film can be used in various printing products, such as business cards, posters, promotional flyers, etc. Its black appearance can enhance the visual effect and recognition of the product while also increasing the product’s quality and value. The main requirements are as follows:
- Surface tension: The surface tension of black PET film should be moderate to ensure that the ink is evenly distributed on its surface, achieving clear and beautiful printing results.
- Flatness: Black PET film should have good flatness to maintain stability during the printing process and prevent curling and warping.
- Adhesion: Black PET film should have good adhesion to ensure that the ink is firmly attached to its surface and not easily peeled off or worn.
- Abrasion resistance: Black PET film should have high abrasion resistance after printing to ensure that the printed pattern does not wear or blur easily.
- Temperature and humidity resistance: Black PET film should have good temperature and humidity resistance to prevent deformation, fading, or damage to the printed pattern in high-temperature and humid environments.
- Compatibility: Black PET film should be compatible with various inks and printing processes to accommodate different printing needs and equipment.
- Adhesive performance: As a label material, black PET film also needs to have certain adhesive properties, allowing it to firmly adhere to various surfaces while also being easy to peel off without leaving residue.
Related Products: 6910B, 6920B, 6950B
Black polyester film can be used in various indoor and outdoor decorative products, such as walls, ceilings, doors, and windows. Its black appearance can enhance the richness and modernity of the decorations. The following are some requirements to consider when using black polyester film as a decorative material:
- Color and gloss: Black polyester film should have good color and gloss to achieve an aesthetically pleasing decorative effect.
- Stability: Black polyester film should have high stability, including dimensional stability and color stability, to ensure that it maintains a good decorative effect during long-term use.
- Abrasion and scratch resistance: Black polyester film should have good abrasion and scratch resistance to ensure that the decorative material remains visually appealing during use.
- Temperature and humidity resistance: Black polyester film should have good temperature and humidity resistance to adapt to various indoor and outdoor environmental conditions.
- Bonding performance: Black polyester film should have good bonding performance to ensure a close connection with different substrates.