Types of Tape Adhesives: Acrylic Adhesive vs. Silicone Adhesive
Compare Acrylic Tape vs Silicone Tape
Acrylic Adhesive Tape Features:
- It has the characteristics of waterproof, strong adhesion, good weather resistance, chemical solvent resistance, moisture resistance, UV resistance, good durability in high and low temperature environments, and easy die-cutting.
Acrylic Adhesive Tape Applications:
- Provide super strong force and dust-proof sealing for the glass curtain wall during assembly, as well as various needs during construction, such as heat insulation, sealing, connection, strapping, repair, marking, etc.
- It has the function of bonding, fixing and protecting in the processing and assembly of digital products, household appliances, advertisements, electronic road signs, LED boards, etc.
- Automobile anti-scratch strips, bumpers, anti-collision plates, nameplates, floating plates, pedals, as well as interior and exterior decorations and motorcycle nameplates, markings, and subtitles.
- Semiconductor wafer dicing and polishing.
Silicone Tape Features:
- Silicone tape has very good heat resistance, and there will be no residual glue after long-term sticking and tearing. Excellent adhesion to silicone-containing surfaces and LSE (low surface energy) parts.
Silicone Tape Applications:
- Wound dressing fixation.
- High temperature insulation winding for transformers, motors, coils, capacitors and variable frequency power supplies.
- Masking during SMT wave soldering of printed circuit boards.
- Electrical insulation protection and lithium battery positive and negative electrodes fixed.
- Fixed use in the solar thin film laminating process.Non Woven Surgical Tape
|Acrylic Tape||Silicone Tape|
|Residual glue after tearing off||★★★||★★★★★|
|Impact on the surface of the attached object||Does not react with the surface, does not corrode or pollute.||Silicone oil will migrate the PSA surface|